WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT NOVA’S LOCK & LOAD™ VEHICLE RESTRAINT
The NOVA Lock & Load™ is a hook-style vehicle restraint that secures the trailer’s rear impact guard (RIG) at the dock to reduce the risk of premature departure and trailer movement during loading and unloading. Its spring-loaded housing lowers with truck contact, and the carriage automatically adjusts with trailer float. The Lock & Load™ has an enhanced design with a patented Triple Range Hook that outperforms competitor hook-style restraints.
The Lock & Load™ has an engagement range of 9 to 31-inches and mounts to the dock face above ground level to stay clear of accumulated precipitation and debris. Its elevated installation protects it from the elements, along with watertight connectors and zinc plating for added corrosion resistance.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Hook is upwardly biased and rotates to increase engagement if contacted by the RIG when trailer shifts during loading and unloading
- Roller slope extension eliminates gouging and marking on the dock approach surface
- Gear motor operates for a total of three seconds for the full cycle of restraining and releasing a vehicle
- Only uses electricity when engaging or disengaging the rotating hook
- Hook maintains engagement with the RIG, even if power is lost
- PLC-based control box provides maintenance diagnostics
- Control box includes key pad for override as standard
- LED lights are standard for energy efficiency and long life
- Includes a 5-year warranty
EXCEPTIONAL VERSATILITY: Low profile 9-inch carriage works with all standard trailers.
Engagement range extends from 9 to 31-inches above the ground.
ROBUST PERFORMANCE & DURABILITY: Exceeds ANSI MH30.3 requirements and features watertight connectors and corrosion-resistant zinc plating.
RELIABLE: Designed to withstand a pull-away force of over 38,000-pounds
to prevent dock walk, premature departure and vertical trailer
EASY TO USE: The spring-loaded carriage lowers with truck contact and the
restraint is operated by a control panel mounted inside the